UCT is currently looking to recruit a Substation Fitting Instructor on a permanent contract located in Manchester.
We are a leading service provider to the UK’s utility infrastructure businesses and to the construction industry.
Our provision ranges from a managed service solution for our larger clients to provision of specific training to meet individual requirements at our National Training Centre, in Trafford Park, Manchester. We deliver over 30,000 training days a year for industry, ranging from ongoing development of over 300 apprentices, to short term compliance led and upskilling support to thousands of learners and candidates.
As part of 3t Energy Group, we offer industry-accredited energy transmission and distribution courses, leading construction and utility infrastructure training and training for safety crucial roles.
The main duties will be to carry out training on electricity distribution and transmission systems and assess learner’s competency in work activity against a national qualification standard.
Your main purpose is to design/deliver high quality training packages to the electricity industry as well as facilitate construction and utility based occupational qualifications. The main subject area will include Fitting Modules, support delivery of technical certificate in power engineering, and deliver compliance training related to distribution work activities.
- To design and write high quality training packages to meet the needs of electricity industry customers
- To deliver high quality training in line with industry Fitting, cable jointing standards and health and safety legislation
- To ensure all health and safety legislation is complied with while carrying out training either on customer’s premises or at the UCT Electrical training centre
- Liaise with existing and new customers on the delivery of training needs within the business
- Ensuring all training equipment is maintained within specified timescales
NVQ/Diploma/End point assessment or trade test
- Conduct assessment processes in line with award body, Centre policy and procedures. Make assessment decisions and give written or verbal reviews as required
- Maintain targets and performance objectives
- Attend centre standardisation/team/centre award body and lead body meetings
- Ensure high quality learning experience and support for learners which meets internal and external requirements
- Use a variety of assessment methods appropriate to qualification standards
- Organise assessment activities to make best use of time and resources
- Maintain organised records of assessments conducted support the learner throughout the learning process
Part of what makes 3t Energy Group successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are a tenacious, driven and highly motivated professional, with a strong empathy for people. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the client at the centre of everything you do. You will have:
- A Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the electricity distribution/transmission or commercial sector.
Other qualifications – (desirable but not essential as full training will be given)
- D32/33 (or equivalent A units) NVQ assessor qualification
- Health and safety qualification (i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH)
- Teaching qualification i.e. PTTLS etc
In addition to the above you will also:
- Hold a City and Guilds Level 2 as a minimum or equivalent in a relevant subject (Essential) Have a working knowledge of the electricity transmission and distribution system (Desirable)
- Have a working knowledge of LV and HV operations (Desirable)
- Hold or have previously held authorisation for fitting or Jointing (Desirable)
- Hold or have previously held authorisation for generator connection (Desirable)
- Have proven experience of delivering training through combination of classroom presentations and practical exercises (Desirable)
- Must hold or be willing to be developed to holding a recognised assessor qualification
- Have good analytical reasoning
- Be capable of operating independently and highly organised, with the ability to prioritise you own workload
- Be an excellent verbal and written communicator
- IT literate
- Hold a full UK driving licence