AIS Survivex is currently looking to recruit a MEM Instructor on a permanent contract located in Dyce, Aberdeen, UK.
We are the UK’s number one training provider for the energy sectors, training over 100,000 delegates a year, through a comprehensive portfolio of over 450 training courses (from safety critical to technical to developmental), where applicable accredited by the relevant governing bodies and delivered from our state-of-the-art facilities through-out the UK.
Part of 3t Energy Group, AIS Survivex is passionately focused on allowing people to fulfil their potential, be better prepared and more confident in their job role to maximise their career opportunities. Ultimately, we want to make the energy industry safer, smarter, and more efficient through better training.
As the Simulator tech./Assistant MEM Instructor you will be principal responsible to support and assist delivery of major emergency management training. You will also be required to prepare for upcoming courses and the end of course administration requirements.
- Instruct CRO/SSP courses as directed by MEM Team Leaders.
- Instruct candidates/delegates on the operation and use of an offshore/onshore generic simulation model used within Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy Industries.
- Explain and demonstrate the simulator system to nominated MEM personnel.
- Identify the need for improvement of simulator hardware and software systems, be responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of any systems as required
- Knowledge and expertise of specialist computer hardware and equipment, identify and rectify faults to maintain efficiency of static and mobile simulators.
- Update course materials and computer equipment, highlighting any deficiencies to MEM Team Leaders.
- Act as role player as assigned by the MEM Team Leader
- Maintenance and security of storage areas for course materials and simulator equipment.
Part of what makes 3t Energy Group successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
You will be a highly motivated, driven individual with a commitment to getting things done. The client will be at the centre of everything you do, and you will contribute to the growth and success of our business through your skills and experience. You will:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT knowledge and skills
- The ability to use own initiative whilst enjoying working as part of a team in a busy and varied workload
- Confident/outgoing manner
- To collate, review and analyse individual platform documentation to assist in preparing course
- To have sufficient underpinning knowledge of the departments software to assist in the delivery of MEM courses.
- Assist in development of simulations
- To be capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- To be capable of maintaining the MEM simulator and its equipment to a high standard.
- To be capable of role-playing assigned roles during an exercise as part of the simulated scenarios.
- Good understanding of the UKCS Oil & Gas Sector is desirable
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual, as well as being able to integrate and operate as part of a team.