AIS Survivex is currently looking to recruit IT Support Engineers on a permanent contract located in Aberdeen and Newcastle, UK.
We are the UK’s number one training provider for the energy sectors, training over 100,000 delegates a year, through a comprehensive portfolio of over 450 training courses (from safety critical to technical to developmental), where applicable accredited by the relevant governing bodies and delivered from our state-of-the-art facilities through-out the UK.
Part of 3t Energy Group, AIS Survivex is passionately focused on allowing people to fulfil their potential, be better prepared and more confident in their job role to maximise their career opportunities. Ultimately, we want to make the energy industry safer, smarter, and more efficient through better training.
The function of this role is to provide a first point of contact and you will be responsible for the day-to-day provision, managing, supporting and maintaining of all aspects of IT related infrastructure as part of a small team. Due to the nature of the position, you are expected to be confident in acknowledging what you do and don’t know, this will not only allow for a better service to the business, but it will also highlight areas that you are wanting to learn.
In this role you will be working on a broad and varied range of technologies, allowing you to truly develop your skill set. You will need to be passionate about IT and technology in all its forms so there will be opportunities to grow together.
The role will involve travel to other sites in England and Scotland and due to the nature of our business a full UK driver’s license is required.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to either progress from a level 1 IT support role with extensive experience or for those with level 2 experience who have a passion for IT technology and are looking for an ever-changing environment that offers a fantastic opportunity to develop their skill set.
Due to the nature of the role then this will be onsite based, however there are flexible working arrangements.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support via telephone and via remote access solutions.
- Managing and resolving helpdesk tickets.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
- Specification, purchase, configuration, and installation of IT Hardware.
- Specification, purchase, configuration, and installation of software solutions
- Installing and maintaining existing software solutions.
- Playing a key part in office moves, including the movement of computers and phones.
- Maintaining and complying with ISO 27001 processes and contributing to the continued certification, including audits.
- Patch management of all on-premise servers as well as networking.
- Full user account management and maintenance.
- Phone configuration and patching.
- Mobile phone provision and management.
- Asist in the setting of IT related budgets.
Part of what makes 3t Energy Group successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are a tenacious, driven and highly motivated professional, with a strong empathy for people. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the client at the centre of everything you do.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in an IT Support role.
- Formal certifications with Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and (ISC)2 are preferred.
- Holding a degree or HND in an information technology and business technology related subject would be an advantage.
- Experience working with the following technology areas;
o Windows Workstation.
o Windows Server.
o Active Directory/Group Policy.
o Microsoft Office Suite including 365.
o Azure\Amazon Web Services.
o Back-up solutions.
o Telephony solutions.
o Mobile Device Management.
o Networking including Wifi and Firewalls etc.
- Experience in contributing to and complying with ISO 27001 and Cyber
- Adept in working in and assisting others through help desk software, such as Freshdesk in addition to other remote access desktop programs.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Professional interpersonal skills are essential when communicating in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services.
- A positive and upbeat attitude to dealing with people.
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
- Capable of working independently, taking responsibility and ownership as an individual, as well as being able to integrate and operate as part of a team.
- Full driver’s license.