UCT is currently looking to recruit a HSE Instructor on a permanent contract located in Manchester with occasional travel to other UK Group locations to deliver training.
We are a leading service provider to the UK’s utility infrastructure businesses and to the construction industry.
Our provision ranges from a managed service solution for our larger clients to provision of specific training to meet individual requirements at our National Training Centre, in Trafford Park, Manchester. We deliver over 30,000 training days a year for industry, ranging from ongoing development of over 300 apprentices, to short term compliance led and upskilling support to thousands of learners and candidates.
As part of 3t Energy Group, we offer industry-accredited energy transmission and distribution courses, leading construction and utility infrastructure training and training for safety crucial roles.
To deliver AIS Survivex’ approved suite of courses within the given technical subject area at UCT training centres in a consistent, professional way which reflects AIS Survivex’ business integrity and culture.
- To deliver courses as required in line with AIS Survivex and accrediting body requirements
- To support customers during course delivery as appropriate
- To obtain positive customer feedback following course completion in line with KPIs set within personal development plan
- To participate in standardisation and continuing professional development events as required
- To provide support to trainee and existing Instructor/Assessors as appropriate
- To support department growth through technical input to new courses, training standards, customer meetings and the continual improvement of existing courses.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply AIS Survivex and where appropriate Client’s HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all AIS Survivex quality and operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
Part of what makes 3t Energy Group successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are a tenacious, driven and highly motivated professional, with a strong empathy for people. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the client at the centre of everything you do.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Provide technical coaching / professional guidance and assist in the development of others.
- Demonstrate a calm and systematic approach
- Convey information fluently, interpreting and clarifying details and explaining rationale
- Select and use the best method of communication to ensure understanding
- Advise and guide others
- Use a wide range and depth of technical or specialised knowledge, providing technical leadership and expert advice to others
- Work to develop team spirit and cooperation
- Provide meaningful feedback on a regular, ongoing basis
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH General Certificate desirable
- Level 3 teacher training
- Assessor Award
Courses initially required to deliver:
- CCNSG, SHEA Water, Power & Gas
- Other HSE related short courses as required