UCT is currently looking to recruit a Gas & Water Trainer & Assessor on a permanent contract located in Glasgow.
We are a leading service provider to the UK’s utility infrastructure businesses and to the construction industry.
Our provision ranges from a managed service solution for our larger clients to provision of specific training to meet individual requirements at our National Training Centre, in Trafford Park, Manchester. We deliver over 30,000 training days a year for industry, ranging from ongoing development of over 300 apprentices, to short term compliance led and upskilling support to thousands of learners and candidates.
As part of 3t Energy Group, we offer industry-accredited energy transmission and distribution courses, leading construction and utility infrastructure training and training for safety crucial roles.
We are currently recruiting for 2 Technical Trainers, to join our training team in Glasgow. The successful applicant will initially report to the Training Centre Manager and work within a small team based at our Bellshill training centre with a phased move to the new training centre at Gartcosh, Glasgow.
- To work within a small team to design & deliver high quality technical and safety training
- Promote safe working practices
- Practically demonstrate and train Mainlaying, Servicelaying and First Call techniques dependant on your background and experience.
- Conduct assessments of competence for candidates
Part of what makes 3t Energy Group successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are a tenacious, driven and highly motivated professional, with a strong empathy for people. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the client at the centre of everything you do. You will have:
- You will be qualified and experienced in operational engineering activities (e.g., service laying, mainlaying, repair) either to at least NCO2 level or equivalent FCO with ACS qualifications if applicable
- You must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Previous experience of delivering training or briefings would be an advantage although not essential
- You must be willing to undertake personal development for the role
- You should be computer literate (particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams)
- You must be motivated to see tasks through to completion and be a team player
- A full valid driving licence is essential as you will need to travel between UCT locations
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you. We provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
Our determined and professional approach will map the path that will enable you to progress your career significantly in the future within the 3t Energy Group. Our vision is to develop the skills that will help you to fully understand all aspects of our business.
Ultimately, if you work hard and have a passion for our business and a will to succeed you will be given the opportunity to grow with the business as a person and a valued team member.