AIS Survivex is currently looking to recruit a Credit Controller on a permanent contract in Aberdeen, Montrose or Newcastle, with the option of working fully remote for the right candidate.
We are the UK’s number one training provider for the energy sectors, training over 100,000 delegates a year, through a comprehensive portfolio of over 450 training courses (from safety critical to technical to developmental), where applicable accredited by the relevant governing bodies and delivered from our state-of-the-art facilities through-out the UK.
Part of 3t Energy Group, AIS Survivex is passionately focused on allowing people to fulfil their potential, be better prepared and more confident in their job role to maximise their career opportunities. Ultimately, we want to make the energy industry safer, smarter, and more efficient through better training.
- Ensure strong working relationships are maintained with your allocated clients – both with the client and our internal stakeholders to ensure swift resolution of any invoice rejections or payment issues.
- Following of the formalised dunning process, held within the credit control software, that differentiates between specific groups of clients.
- Direct responsibility for ensuring all queries, rejections and required credits are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Preparing clients, from the agreed dunning process, for escalation – ensuring approval from internal stakeholders.
- Provision of live overdue balance information to wider business to support ongoing discussions.
- Active management of unallocated cash, ensuring details are correct to receive timely remittances.
- Monitoring of Cash flow Receipts and posting cash receipts to Sage on a daily basis
Part of what makes 3t Energy Group successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
You will be a highly motivated, driven individual with a commitment to getting things done. The client will be at the centre of everything you do, and you will contribute to the growth and success of our business through your skills and experience. You will have:
- Credit Control or accounts office experience
- Positive attitude and the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to clearly explain financial matters
- High attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritise a heavy workload