UCT is currently looking to recruit a Business Development Executive on a permanent contract located in Manchester.
We are a leading service provider to the UK’s utility infrastructure businesses and to the construction industry.
Our provision ranges from a managed service solution for our larger clients to provision of specific training to meet individual requirements at our National Training Centre, in Trafford Park, Manchester. We deliver over 30,000 training days a year for industry, ranging from ongoing development of over 300 apprentices, to short term compliance led and upskilling support to thousands of learners and candidates.
As part of 3t Energy Group, we offer industry-accredited energy transmission and distribution courses, leading construction and utility infrastructure training and training for safety crucial roles.
The BDE role is responsible for finding new customers and growing existing relationships with local businesses requiring Health & Safety and/or Utilities Training. This is an outbound role with high activity levels which are reflected within the KPI’s.
Account Management of our high volume low spend accounts across your region achieved by:
- Direct client engagement (electronic meetings, phone calls, direct emails)
- Researching and identifying prospective customers in your locality to target
- Use of promotional email and digital campaigns – targeted based on business needs
- Identifying upsell opportunities across training course portfolio
- Cross selling services from across the 3t Energy Group
- Working with Bookings Manager and General Manager to target customers based on specific key service areas
- Reviewing and analysing forward booking data to identify areas of focus
- Ensuring all quality & sales KPI’s are met on a monthly/annual basis
- Local remit, office based
Key Performance Indicators:
- 20 x verifiable contacts per day to inc, calls, meetings & emails
- 1 x weekly promotional campaign, targeted themes to support local product drivers
- 8 x quotes per month (ave 2 per week)
- 5 x new qualified customer bookings per month (either brand new or lapsed for 24 months)
Individual Targets / Bonus Opportunity:
- Potential to achieve commission based on achievement of agreed KPIs
Part of what makes 3t Energy Group successful is the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for success. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are a tenacious, driven and highly motivated professional, with a strong empathy for people. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the client at the centre of everything you do.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual, as well as being able to integrate and operate as part of a team